Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles & Management, Coimbatore
(an autonomous Institute, under the Ministry of Textiles) invites applications from eligible
Indian Citizens for appointment to various posts in the Administrative/Academic
department purely on temporary basis for a period of one year.
Release of Notification No: Notification
No: SVPISTM/ACAD – 145/RECRUITMENT/2 15-09-2023 15-09-2023
Last Date of Submission of application along with processing fee
(offline) by courier/registered post/in person.
23-09-2023 (17.00 Hrs.)
Date for walk-in-interview 25-09-2023 (10.30 Hrs)
Address for submission of application form
along with the enclosures and processing fee
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International
School of Textiles & Management,
1483, Avinashi Road, Peelamedu,
Coimbatore – 641 004. Tamilnadu
Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred) only in the form
of crossed Demand Draft obtained from
any nationalized Bank drawn in favour
of “SVPISTM Coimbatore” payable at
1, Secretarial – Assistant- 1 salary Rs.33,740 /-
2, Jr. Asst. – Level 2 -1 salary Rs.25,820 /-
3, Jr. Asst. (Accounts) -1 salary Rs.23,322 /-
4, Civil Supervisor- 1 salary Rs.23,322/-
5, Electrical Supervisor- 1 salary Rs. 23,322/-
6, Attenders (multi-task attendant)- 2 salary Rs. 17,830/-
Secretarial – Assistant
1) Acting as a first point of contact for callers, dealing with emails and phone calls
by responding, passing on messages, or highlighting them for the Director’s
2) Liaising with internal departments, answering calls, and making travel
arrangements. Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of
3) Compiling and preparation of reports, briefs, and presentations for the meetings.
4) Assist in creating and distributing routine meeting minutes and other executive
5) Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments, maintain an events
calendar, and send reminders.
6) Reminding the Director of important tasks and deadlines.
7) Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
8) Handling requests and queries appropriately.
9) Booking and arranging travel, transport, and accommodation for the Director
10) Organizing events and conferences.
11) Devise and maintain office filing system
Jr. Asst. – Level 2
1) Involves greater responsibilities, often including specialized tasks, project
coordination, and more independent decision-making.
2) Assist in developing and updating academic programs, curriculum materials,
and course syllabi.
3) Coordinate academic events, workshops, and seminars, including logistics and
4) Collaborate with faculty to implement technology-enhanced learning tools and
5) Analyze student data to identify trends and make recommendations for
6) Assist in managing academic committees, accreditation processes, and quality
7) Participate in the planning, execution, and evaluation of projects, and research.
8) Assist in securing funding and resources for projects through grant applications
9) Coordinate training sessions, seminars, and knowledge-sharing events.
Jr. Asst. (Accounts)
1) Assisting with financial and accounting tasks within the organization.
2) Data Entry (Accounts related)
3) Account Reconciliation,
5) Expense Tracking,
6) Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable,
7) Financial Record Maintenance,
8) Assisting with Audits,
9) Financial Reporting,
10) Budget Support,
11) Collection of fees from the students,
12)Issue of receipts,
13) Checking of bills Payment to vendors
1) To work proactively under the direction of the Management to ensure the
buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard in order to support the
teaching and learning within the Institute, which will include security, Health and
Safety, cleanliness, porterage, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor
repairs and assisting with obtaining maintenance/repair quotes/estimates to
ensure best value.
2) Ensure that the whole Campus, including the hostel, furniture fittings, and
grounds are maintained to a high standard.
3) To use skills to undertake minor carpentry, plumbing, redecoration, and
improvement tasks as agreed with the designated person of the Institute.
4) To ensure that the day-to-day running and maintenance of the premises avoids
wastage and is efficient.
5) To maintain a preventative planned maintenance program, which will include
regular inspection and assessment of buildings, fixtures, furniture, and grounds to
ensure the premises are safe and in satisfactory condition.
6) Ensure the Institute Campus is clean and tidy and conducive to learning e.g.
specialized cleaning tasks, removal of graffiti, litter picking around the campus,
clearing rubbish on a daily basis, replenishing supplies to all toilets, etc.
7) to obtain quotes from external contractors for the proposed work and to
supervise and monitor contractors in their work.
8) Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants, etc.
1) The overarching goal is to ensure the establishment and upkeep of reliable
electrical connections, reducing the likelihood of accidents and optimizing the
usability of electricity across all facilities.
2) Contribute to a safer and more efficient electrical environment.
3) Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom, and
other electrical systems
4) Install electrical apparatus, fixtures, and equipment for alarm and other systems
5) Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker
6) Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of
7) Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
8) Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring
and insulated cables, cleaning circuits, etc.
9) Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair
or substitute damaged units.
10)Maintenance of AC Units, Genset, and Electric Passages (LIFT)
11) Liaison with EB Authorities, AMC Contractors (Lift, AC, Genset)
Attenders (multi-task attendant)
1) Physical maintenance of records of section.
2) General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit.
3) Carrying files and other papers within the building.
4) Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
5) Assisting in routine office work like diary, dispatch, etc.
6) Delivering Dak (inside and outside the building)
7) Dusting of furniture etc.
8) Upkeep of lawns, potted plants, etc.
9) They will supply drinking water to the students and staff.
10) They will attend to the file movement work and arrangement of records.
11) They will keep tables, chairs, admirals, windows, bookshelves, and the cabin
neat and clean.
12) Before leaving the office they shall switch off lights, and fans, and close the
doors and windows.
13) Take the daily inventory of available products.
14) Perform other receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing,
15)Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules,
and regulations. Work safely and report safety or maintenance issues to
management. Familiar with safety protocols and best practices such as
16) Any other work assigned to them by the Administration from time to time
1 Secretarial – Assistant Qualification:-
Postgraduate degree from a recognized University/
SHORTHAND-Inter (100 words per minute) – English
TYPE WRITING-Higher (45 words per minute) – English
Proficiency in Computer Operation (MS Office).
Experience: Minimum five years experience in any
Work experience in the Administrative departments in
Govt/PSU offices. Good communication skills.
Knowledge of Hindi.
2 Jr. Asst. – Level 2 Qualifications: – Any Post Graduate degree from a
recognized University / Institution. Proficiency in
Computer Operations. Good communication skill
Experience: – Two years in academic, and
administrative work in any one of the colleges or
institutes or Government, PSU offices.
Desirable: – Additional qualification in office
administration, including the knowledge of Hindi, Tally /
similar ones will be an added advantage.
3 Jr. Asst. (Accounts) Qualifications: – Any Bachelor’s Degree from a
recognized University / Institution.
Proficiency in Computer Operations.
Good communication skills.
Experience: – Two years in academic administrative
work in any one of the colleges or institutes or Govt., PSU
offices. Five years’ experience in Finance, Accounts
matters, and budgeting matters
Working Knowledge of Accounting Software (tally)
Desirable: – Knowledge of Hindi, and a degree in
commerce from a recognized university will be an
4 Civil Supervisor Qualifications: ITI trade in civil engineering from a
recognized Institute/Board or
Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized
University Institute or board.
Experience: Four years’ experience in Civil,
maintenance work in a reputed organization, college.
Desirable:- Experience in Civil construction, plumbing,
maintenance, and similar kinds of work in
5 Electrical Supervisor Qualification:- Diploma /Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical
Engineering from a recognized University or Institute or
Experience: Four Years’ experience in electrical and
electrical maintenance work in a reputed organization,
company, factory, or college. Two years’ experience in
handling Gen set.
Desirable:- Work Experience in Electricals, wiring in
Electricity Board/ Government/PSU offices. Shall possess
a valid license for carrying out the electrical work.
Passed 10th / 12th class from a Board or its equivalent
recognized by the Government. Good communication
Experience: Minimum Five years of experience as an
attender in an Educational institution, or reputed
Desirable: Preference will be given to those who have
work experience in the Govt. / PSU/Colleges.
SCHEDULE OF WALK-IN-INTERVIEW:-
Venue: Conference Hall, 1st floor Administrative Block, SVPISTM, Coimbatore – 641 004
Date : 25 – 09 – 2023
- No separate call letter (interview card) will be sent from this office.
- Candidates are requested to be present at the venue 30 minutes before the
interview time along with the original certificate.
- If there is any change in the date of the interview the same will be
communicated through E-Mail (available in the Application form)
- Only candidates will be permitted to enter the campus.
- Candidates should have a proper ID card.
- In the case of candidates applying for more than one post, then they have to
apply separately for each post.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE APPLICANTS:-
a) Interested candidate who fulfills the requirement must apply in the prescribed form with
all supporting documents through offline mode.
b) Application forms received without processing fee shall be entertained.
c) The Last date for submission of offline applications shall be 23rd September 2023.
d) Any delay in postal transit will not be accepted as a valid reason for condoning the
delay in the submission of the tender.
e) Applications received without supporting documents will not be acceptable and
f) Selected candidates shall not have claim on any regular position and shall not be
bestowed any of the privileges like housing, Medical Facility, and Other benefits
available to the regular employees of the Institute.
g) Applicants are advised to ensure, before applying for the post, that they possess the
minimum essential qualification and experience laid down for the post. The qualification
obtained has to be from a recognized University/Institute. Eligibility in terms of age,
qualification, and experience of a candidate shall be considered as on the last date of
h) Ineligible candidates will not be allowed to appear for further process of interviews.
Verification will be conducted before the interview.
i) In case of a large number of applicants, the Competent Authority reserves the right to
shortlist candidates by adopting appropriate criteria.
j) The number of vacancies indicated in the notification is tentative. SVPISTM reserves the
right to increase or decrease or NOT to fill any of the posts advertised.
k) The selection and appointment are purely based on the performance in the interview,
acquiring the higher qualification, work experience, etc. Preference will be given to
persons having experience in relevant disciplines. The decision of the appointing
authority will be final.
l) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
m) In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected
at any stage even after the issue of the appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right
to modify, withdraw, or cancel any communication made to the Applicants.
n) After joining the service of the Institute, the person(s) will have to abide by the Rules,
Regulations, Ordinances, Statutes, and Acts of the Institute are applicable from time to
time. He/ She may be assigned any duty within or outside the Institute depending upon
the exigency of the work.
o) The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a person at the time
of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the
documents submitted by the candidates are fake, or the person has clandestine
antecedents or background and has suppressed any information, then his/her services
shall be terminated forthwith and legal action may be initiated against such
p) No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates.
q) Canvassing in any form or bringing in any influence political or otherwise shall be liable
for disqualification for the post.
r) In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision
of the Director, SVPISTM, Coimbatore shall be final.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:-
1) AGE LIMIT: NOT EXCEEDING 45 YEARS AS ON 01-08-2023.
The Institute reserves the right to relax age up to the maximum of five years, considering
the qualifications, and experience in exceptional cases.
2) PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT
The period of appointment is purely temporary basis for a period of one year. However,
this can be extended every year on a need basis up to a maximum of three years,
subject to satisfactory performance.
The selection against contractual position shall not confer on the appointee any right
for being made permanent/regular.
The consolidated remuneration payable is inclusive of the Administrative share of EPF,
ESI & and Admin. Expenses, as per the Institute’s norms. No salary negotiation will be
entertained during the contract period.
4) RULES & REGULATIONS:-
The rules and regulations of SVPISTM in force and amendments made from time to
time will be applicable in all matters. The selected candidates are expected to do any
kind of Work assigned to them in addition to their normal duties without any extra
Remuneration or benefits in the interest of the Institute.
In all the Service matters the decision of the DIRECTOR,
SVPISTM, Coimbatore is final.
NOTIFICATION CLICK HERE