No of Vacancies:-
NORTH -1216 Posts
NORTH CENTRAL -1033 Posts
CENTRAL -561 Posts
EAST -1049 Posts
SOUTH CENTRAL – 1408 Posts
SOUTHERN -1516 Posts
WESTERN -1942 Posts
EAST CENTRAL -669 Posts
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) invites online applications from eligible candidates, who must be
Indian Citizens for selection and appointment as Apprentice Development Officers in the jurisdiction of the
various Divisional Offices under Southern Zonal Office, Chennai. Candidates should apply through the link
given on our website- https://licindia.in/Bottom-Links/careers. No other means/mode of application shall be
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Candidates can log in for Registration of Application on the dates given below:
Opening date of On-Line Registration of Application and Online payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges.
21st January 2023
Last date of On-Line Registration of Application and On-line
payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges.
10h February 2023
Download of Call letter for On-Line Examination (Tentative) 4th March 2023 onwards
Date of Online Examination-Preliminary 12th March 2023
Date of Online Examination-Main 8th April 2023
It is primarily a marketing job that involves considerable mobility by way of tours covering the entire area
allotted to the selected candidate. They will be required to locate and sponsor suitable persons to be appointed
as Life insurance Agents, train them properly and procure insurance business for the Corporation through his/
her unit of Agents. They will also be required to give prompt after sales service to policyholders.
The recruitment as an Apprentice Development Officer is for Urban and Rural Areas and the selected
candidates will have to work in these areas.
It is, however, likely that some of the selected candidates may be posted in the jurisdiction of nearby Divisional
Office/s within the jurisdiction of the Zone.
It is clarified that appointment as an Apprentice Development Officer does not by itself confer any right on the
candidate to be appointed as a Probationary Development Officer.
STIPEND & REMUNERATION:
During the apprentice period, the candidate selected as an Apprentice Development Officer will be paid a
fixed amount per month as stipend, as per the rules of LIC Of India. Apprentice Development Officers, other
than those from LIC Employee Category, shall be paid stipend equal to the minimum of the basic pay and the
dearness allowance thereon on the scale of pay applicable to Development Officers as on the date of
commencement of the apprenticeship. At present, the amount of stipend will be approximately ₹.51500/- per
month, except in case of the candidates selected from LIC Employee Category.
A Probationary Development Officer at a specified Headquarter in the area will be placed in the scale of
₹35,650-2200(2)-40,050-2595(2)-45,240-2645(17)-90,205 plus allowances and other benefits as per the rules in
force. On appointment as a Probationary Development Officer, the basic pay of ₹ 35650/- per month (except
for LIC Employee Category candidates) in the scale of 35650-2200(2)-40050-2595(2)-45240-2645 (17)-90205 and
other admissible allowances as per rules shall be payable. Total emoluments at the minimum of the scale will
be inclusive of House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance, wherever admissible depending upon
the classification of city. It will be approximately ₹ 56000/- in an ‘A’ Class City
Other benefits include Gratuity, Defined Contributory Pension Scheme, LTC, Medical Benefit, Group
Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance, vehicle advance (2-wheeler/4-wheeler), reimbursement
towards cost of Brief Case/leather bag, mobile handset etc. as per rules . The Development officer may also
become eligible for attractive performance linked Incentives, on confirmation in service.
An Apprentice Development Officer will have to undergo Theoretical & Field Sales Training for the period as
decided by LIC Of India. The period of apprenticeship shall commence from the date of commencement of the
An Apprentice Development Officer, who successfully completes the apprenticeship and in the opinion of the
Recruiting Authority, is suitable for appointment to the service of the Corporation may be appointed as a
Probationary Development. The period of probation shall be for one year which may be extended up to two
years. The confirmation to the post of a Development officer will be subject to performance appraisal.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS AS ON 01.01.2023:
The candidates eligible for recruitment are classified into three categories, namely, LIC Agents Category, LIC
Employees Category and Others Category (Open Market) .
‘LIC Agents Category’ means-
(i) An individual appointed or engaged by LIC Of India for the purpose of soliciting or procuring insurance
business including business relating to the continuance, renewal or revival of policies of insurance
pertaining to LIC Of India; OR
(ii) An individual who has been appointed as an agent under the Life Insurance Corporation of India
(Agents) Regulations, 2017.
‘LIC Employee Category’ means a confirmed whole-time salaried employee of LIC Of India belonging to
Class III cadre.
‘Others Category’ means the candidate from the open market.
a) Educational Qualification:
(i) For LIC Employees category and LIC Agents category, in both Urban and Rural area- Applicant should
possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University in India established under a
statute/approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
(ii) An applicant from Others category (Open Market ) for recruitment as an Apprentice Development
Officer, in both Urban and Rural area, should possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
in India established under a statute/ approved for the purpose or the Fellowship of Insurance Institute of
Candidates should ensure that the educational qualification possessed by them shall be as per the prescribed
educational qualifications mentioned in the advertisement and that they fulfill the above eligibility criteria. No
equivalent educational qualification shall be considered as eligible.
The Bachelor’s degree as mentioned here should be from a University/Institute/ Board recognized by Govt. of
India / approved by the Government Regulatory bodies and the result should have been declared on or before
01.01.2023. Proper documents from the Board / University for having declared the result on or before
01.01.2023 have to be submitted at the time of the interview. The date of passing the examination which is
reckoned for eligibility will be the date of passing, appearing on the mark sheet /provisional certificate.
It is clarified that the spouse of an agent shall not be eligible for recruitment as an Apprentice
(i) The applicant shall have completed 21 years of age (in completed years) and not more than 30 years of
age (in completed years) as on 01.01.2023, i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than
02.01.1993 and not later than 01.01.2002 (both days inclusive) as on 01.01.2023.
ii) The upper age limit (in completed years) as on 01.01.2023 of an applicant belonging to the group given
below, shall not exceed the age mentioned below:-
Member of OBC (other than those in the creamy layer) : 33 years
Member of a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe. 35 years
LIC Employee who is not a member of SC or ST or OBC : 42 years
LIC Employee who is a member of OBC (other than those in the creamy layer) : 45 years
LIC Employee who is a member of SC or ST: 47 years
LIC Agent or other than Agent such as DSAs/FSEs, who is not a member of SC or ST or OBC : 40 years
LIC Agent or other than Agent such as DSAs/ FSEs, who is a member of OBC (Other than those in the
creamy layer) : 43 years
LIC Agent or other than Agent such as DSAs/ FSEs, who is a member of SC or ST : 45 years
Ex-serviceman. 30, increased by the number of years of
service in the armed forces subject to,
maximum age of 42 years if belongs to
Unreserved category (i.e. other than
SC/ ST/ OBC ), maximum age of 45
years if belongs to OBC category and
maximum age of 47 years if is a
member of SC or ST category.
All Others : 30 years
The applicant should have the requisite experience as on 01.01.2023 as indicated below:-
LIC Employee Category : Not less than 3 years of service after confirmation in Class III cadre in LIC of India.
LIC Agents Category or other than Agent, such as DSAs/ FSEs
For Recruitment in Urban Area
Not less than 5 years as an LIC agent or
other than Agent, such as DSAs/ FSEs
and has brought a Net First Year
Premium Income of not less than
₹5,00,000/- during the immediately
preceding 5 financial years and a Net
First Year Premium Income of not less
than ₹ 1,00,000/- on 50 lives in any 3
(Three) of these financial years.
For Recruitment in Rural Area
Not less than 4 years as an LIC agent or
other than Agent, such as DSAs / FSEs
and has brought a Net First Year Premium
Income of not less than ₹ 1,00,000/- on 50
lives per year in any 3 of the immediately
preceding 4 financial years
Others Category(Open Market) :
Preference would be given to candidates who have at least 2 years experience in life
insurance industry or in marketing of financial products.
“Net First Year Premium” means the amount of Premium brought in by an agent or other than Agent , such as
DSAs/ FSEs, either in cash or by cheque, ( in later case which has not been dishonored subsequently)
towards New Business including First Year’s Renewal Premium during the relevant number of immediately
preceding financial years as reduced by the amount of Premium that has lapsed out of such First Year
Premium reckoned with reference to the date of the application for recruitment as an Apprentice Development
(i) “Rural Area” means an area with an ascertained population of 50,000 or less and the operational area has
an ascertained population of not more than 1.50 lakh.
(ii) “Urban Area” means an area which is not a rural area.
The knowledge of the local/ native language of the place, the candidate is applying for, is desirable.
Selection will be made on the basis of on-line tests, followed by an interview of the candidates who
qualify in the on-line test and subsequent pre-recruitment Medical examination.
(I) On-line Test for Others (Open Market) Category:
The online examination shall be conducted in two phases for the candidates from Open Market Category,
viz. Preliminary examination and Main examination.
(II) On-line Test for LIC Agents & LIC Employee Category:
Selection of Apprentice Development Officer from LIC Agents & LIC Employee Category will be done
through a single phase examination i.e. Main Examination. It will be an objective test, which will be
conducted online for 160 marks. The objective test will have composite duration of two hours, i.e. 120
CHOICE OF DIVISION:
Recruitment Notifications are being issued by all Zonal Offices of LIC of India. The candidate shall apply to
only one Division.
Sr. No NAME OF DIVISION
1 Chennai I & II
Before joining as an Apprentice Development Officer, the candidate will be required to give an
undertaking to serve LIC Of India for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including
apprenticeship period) failing which he/she or his/her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to
pay liquidated damages of ₹ 3,00,000/- (Rupees Three lakh only) to LIC Of India. The candidate will have
to submit an Indemnity Bond of ₹ 3,00,000/- (Rupees Three lakh only) duly stamped and executed by a
Surety of sound financial standing and not related to the candidate. The stamp value of the Bond will be
as applicable to the State in which the bond is executed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Detailed guidelines/procedures for –
A. Application registration.
B. Payment of fees.
C. Document scan and upload.
Candidates can apply only online from 21.01.2023 to 10.02.2023 and no other mode of application will be
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should scan the following documents and ensure that all these
scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given under point ‘C’, viz. the guidelines
for document scan and upload.
1] photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
2] signature (in black ink)
3] left thumb impression (on white paper in black or blue ink)
4] a hand written declaration (on a white paper in black ink) (text given below).
(i) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(ii) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not
having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
(iii) The text for the hand written declaration is as follows –
“I, _ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the
application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when
(iv) The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and only in
English. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be
considered as invalid.
(v) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/
vi) Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this
Recruitment Process. LIC may send intimation to download call letters for the examination etc.
through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she
should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile number before applying on-line and must maintain
that email account and mobile number.
A. Application Registration:
Candidates are necessarily required to apply On-line through LIC’s website https://licindia.in/BottomLinks/careers . No other means/mode of applications will be accepted.
- Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on 01.01.2023 are required to log in to the LIC’s
website – https://licindia.in/Bottom-Links/careers .
- A candidate can apply under multiple categories (i.e . Others category (Open Market) , LIC Agents
Category or LIC Employee Category) subject to eligibility criteria prescribed for that particular category
with regard to age/qualification/experience.
- In case candidate applies more than once under a single category (i.e. Others category (Open Market),
LIC Agents Category or LIC Employee Category) only the latest application will be considered.
- To register the application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact
details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system
and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and
Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be
sent to the candidate.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data
already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application
candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online
application form and modify the same if required.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in and verify the details entered in the online application
themselves, as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application
as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may
disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for
Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before clicking on FINAL
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the
photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled in, are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Payment of fees :
Application fees / intimation charges (non-refundable) payment online: 21.01.2023 to 10.02.2023. Bank
Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the
Candidate will have to make the payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Non-refundable)
including GST, only through On-line mode as under:
For SC/ST Candidates Intimation Charges of Rs.100/- (inclusive of GST) plus the Transaction Charges
Other than SC/ST Candidates Application Fees-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs.750/- (inclusive of GST) plus the Transaction
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be
completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, UPI,
Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE
INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO
AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an E-receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are
advised to login again, using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the
process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the E-receipt and online Application Form containing fee
details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your
bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Documents:
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her
photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration.
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph,
signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are
not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there is no “red-eye”.
- If you wear spectacles make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then
adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- If the photo is not uploaded at the place of photo, admission for examination will be rejected/ denied.
Candidate himself/herself will be responsible for the same.
- Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded only at the place of photo and signature only at the
place of signature If the photo and / signature are not uploaded at the appropriate places, the candidate will
not be permitted to appear for the exam.
- Candidate must ensure that Photo to be uploaded is of required size and the face should be clearly visible.
Signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper in black or blue ink.
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink.
- The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by
any other person.
- The signature will be used to affix on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does
not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Signature / Hand written declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
Signature image in .jpg or jpeg format.
Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
Size of file should be between 10kb-20kb.
Size of the scanned image should not be more than 20kb.
Left thumb impression:
The applicant has to put his/her left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink.
File type: jpg / jpeg format.
Dimensions: 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e. 3 cm * 3 cm (Width *
File Size: 20 KB – 50 KB.
Hand written declaration content is to be as mentioned in 15 (iii).
Hand written declaration should not be written in CAPITAL LETTERS.
The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper in black or blue ink.
The hand written declaration should be by the applicant and not by any other person.
Hand written declaration File type: jpg / jpeg. File Size: 50 KB – 100 KB.
Dimensions: 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e 10 cm * 5 cm (Width
Scanning the documents:
• Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
• Set Colour to True Colour.
• Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the left thumb impression / hand written declaration, then use
the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
• The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg.
• Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
• Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain documents in .jpeg format by using MS Paint or
MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned documents in any format can be saved in .jpg / .jpeg format by using
‘Save As’ option in the File menu. Size can be adjusted by using crop and then resize option.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
Procedure for Uploading the documents:
• While filling in the Online Application Form, the candidate will be provided with separate links for
uploading left thumb impression and hand written declaration.
• Click on the respective link “Upload left thumb impression / hand written declaration”.
•Browse and Select the location where the Scanned left thumb impression / hand written declaration file has
• Select the file by clicking on it.
• Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button. Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your
Left thumb impression and hand written declaration as specified.
• If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
• Preview of the uploaded image will help to see the quality of the image. In case the uploaded image is not
clear / smudged, the same may be uploaded again to the expected clarity /quality.
(1) In case the left thumb impression or the hand written declaration is not clear / smudged the candidate’s
application may be rejected.
(2) After uploading the left thumb impression / hand written declaration in the online application form,
candidates should ensure that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the left
thumb impression or the hand written declaration is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/
her application and re-upload his/ her thumb impression / hand written declaration, prior to finally
submitting the form.
(3) After registering online, candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online
Candidates shall be solely responsible for the accuracy of the data / contents filled in the online application. In
case of invalid applications due to errors, committed by the applicant no claim for refund of application fees
shall be entertained by LIC of India.
To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to register on-line and pay the Application Fees
/Intimation charges (whatever applicable) at the earliest.
Recruitment of Apprentice Development Officer 22-23 Notification Click here
Recruitment of Apprentice Development Officer 22-23 Application Click here
Recruitment of Apprentice Development Officer 22-23 Career Page click here